Each week I put the Top 10 Leadership Posts I read the previous week in alphabetical order by the writer’s last name. Because of a great honor I received in the last two weeks, I am making a slight adjustment to that process.
Charles Specht just released his post Top 50 Leaders In Leadership. In addition to being a great resource, this list of top leaders is ranked in order according to their Alexa rank. Alexa’s traffic rankings are based on the usage patterns of Alexa Toolbar users and data collected from other, diverse sources over a rolling 3-month period. A site’s ranking is based on a combined measure of reach and pageviews. Reach is determined by the number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site.
Thanks to you, the readers, and your faithfulness in visiting this site and telling others about it, we came in at #30!!! This is truly humbling all I can say is, “Thank You Lord! Thank you readers!”
Now, on to my remaining nine favorite posts of the week…in alphabetical order.
- The Three Key Components of a Solid Sermon by Brandon Cox. Great insights from one of my favorite church planters.
- Secrets to a Perfectly Crafted Social Media Post by Jeff Haden at www.Inc.com
- 5 Things Pastors Should NOT Do to Market Their Blog by Lauren Hunter via www.ChurchLeaders.com
- What Happened To Rick Reilly? by Will Leitch at www.SportsOnEarth.com. This is a great post about creativity, staying relevant, compensation, competition, social media, and work ethic that all leaders should read.
- Leadership That Breaks Your Nose from the London Business School via the Harvard Business Review
- With A Single Tweet, President Obama Revealed How To Become A Powerful Social Brand by Simon Mainwaring at www.FastCompany.com. I have started incorporating this practice at @BrianKDodd today.
- A Decision Making Process for Making a Financial Commitment by Carey Nieuwhof. Some times bloggers just get on a roll. I think that right now Carey is turning out great, relevant, life-changing leadership content as consistently as anyone in the blogosphere.
- Georgia’s Mark Richt Only Interested In National Title Bids On Terms That Won’t Compromise His Faith by Dan Wetzel at Yahoo Sports. Great stuff on my favorite college football coach.
- 50 Famous Leaders And Career Advice That Shaped Them by www.YoungUpstarts.com. I didn’t make this list:-)
What other great leadership posts did you read this past week?
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. Also, as a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012’s Top Christian Conference Speakers.