The following is my list of the Top 25 Blogs that Christian Leaders Need To Be Reading In 2013. The following are the criteria in which these great sites were chosen:
- Christian leaders read blogs in search of solutions to the issues they face. Great blogs provide those solutions.
- Being a Christian leader has great privileges. These privileges, however, come with a great price. Great blogs provide the inspiration that tells Christian leaders to keep paying that price one more day. A great blog tells you that you can and will make it.
- A great blog is written by an expert in their area of discipline with a track record of success. This gives the blog credibility.
- A great blogger posts regularly, at least 3-5 times per week. These means that their blog is reliable and worth re-visiting on a regular basis.
- A great blog has great content. It rarely, if ever, disappoints.
With that as the criteria, the following 25 Blogs will surely not disappoint you in 2013.
- Carey Nieuwhof - No one is writing better Christian leadership content currently that the Lead Pastor of Connexus Community Church located just north of Toronto, Canada. Simply put, the best Christian leadership blog on the web.
- ChurchLeaders.com – My favorite site on the internet. Brian Orme does a tremendous job in aggregating the best Christian writings on a daily basis. A must-read for all Christian leaders.
- Brandon A. Cox – In addition to being an incredible blogger, Brandon recently planted Grace Hills Church in Bentonville, AR. He is also the content coordinator for Rick Warren’s www.Pastors.com. If you are a church planter, you need to be reading Brandon’s site on a daily basis.
- Artie Davis – Artie views ministry and life as creatively as anyone you will ever read. He is the Senior Pastor and Church Multiplier of Cornerstone Church. Artie is also the Director of The Sticks & author of the upcoming books Craveable and Craveable Church.
- Derwin Gray – The Senior Pastor of Transformation Church in Indian Land, SC is America’s leading voice on multi-cultural, multi-generational ministry. Often done in a video blog form, if you are looking to create a church that has the ability to break down generational, racial, and socio-economic barriers, then look no further than this marvelous pastor as a role model.
- J.D. Greear – J.D. is Lead Pastor of The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, NC which averages over 6,000 in weekly attendance. The Summit’s vision is to plant 1,000 churches in by the year 2040. Currently, they have planted 11 and have several church planting teams stationed around the world.
- Perry Noble – The most unfiltered pastor on the internet. No site is more transparent, raw, and applicable than Perry’s. If you are looking to join a coaching network, I recommend no one more than the amazing Senior Pastor of NewSpring Church.
- ChurchThought.com – Written by Matt Steen, this site comes alongside church leaders and helps them navigate their leadership journey. Matt is uniquely gifted at helping churches accomplish their mission and vision.
- Scott Cochrane – Scott is a key leader in the Willow Creek Association. You can tell from his writings that few people are as generous and have as much desire to invest in pastors and church leaders as Scott does.
- Tony Morgan Live – Tony is simply the finest strategic thinker on the web. His book Killing Cockroaches is one of the finest Christian leadership books I’ve ever read. Few know this but Tony’s blog inspired me to launch this site.
- Todd Rhoades – I was following Todd when he used to write Monday Morning Insights. Currently, Todd is the Director of New Media and Technology Initiatives for Leadership Network. His site is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in church growth or their own development as a church leader.
- Ed Stetzer – Ed’s primary role is Vice President of Research and Ministry Development for LifeWay Christian Resources. There is no one’s research and insights that I trust more.
- Big Is The New Small – Hosted by Scott Williams, this site is the most creative leadership blog on the web. Scott is the Chief Solutions Officer for Nxt Level Solutions, a consulting company he founded to help businesses, non-profits and individuals with both internal and external growth. I feel Scott is the finest church growth consultant in the world.
- Jenni Catron - Jenni writes the website Leading In Shades Of Grey and serves as the Executive Director of Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN, an 8-year old multi-site church. She leads the staff of Cross Point and oversees the ministry of its five campuses.
- Nicole Cottrell – Raw and unfiltered, Nicole writes the INCREDIBLE blog www.ModernReject.com. Nicole says, “If you’re a truth-seeking, no B.S., Jesus-loving ninja, then hello, this blog is for you. If you desire freedom, like me, then this blog is for you. If you’re hoping to find a community of believers who will challenge you, edify you, and encourage you then this blog is for you.” Well, then your blog is for me!
- Rachel Held Evans - Rachel is the most popular female blogger on the web and for good reason. In addition to being the author of A Year of Biblical Womanhood, she has been featured on NPR, Slate, The BBC, The Washington Post, The Guardian (UK), The Times London, The Huffington Post, www.Oprah.com, and was recently named one of Christianity Today’s “50 Women to Watch. “
- Jen Hatmaker - An accomplished author and speaker, Jen’s messages are constantly developing, but in general, her talks center on application discipleship, living on mission, serving the poor, biblical proficiency and obedience, and engaging God’s dreams for this planet. I can tell you from personal experience, if you run a conference, you will want to book Jen as one of your speakers.
Next Generation Leadership
- Brad Lomenick – Brad heads up the Catalyst Conference and movement. No one understands and resources NextGen leaders like Brad. Anyone wanting to know what young leadership is about needs to read this site.
Social Media and Technology
- Christian Web Trends – Hosted by Paul Steinbrueck, this site gives you tools, resources, and ideas into all things technology and social media. A must read! Paul is also the co-founder and CEO of OurChurch.Com.
Money And Finance
- Joseph Sangl – For pastors and church leaders looking for a website to help their individual families with personal finances, Joe’s is the best on the web. In addition to being my boss, Joe is also the President and CEO of INJOY Stewardship Solutions which helps churches raise significant capital for new buildings, debt retirement, relocation, and ministry expansion. His new book, Oxen, is a must-read for all financial leaders in your church.
- Serving Strong – Burning out is happening at an alarming rate for pastors and church staff. It is at epidemic levels. Personally, I always read Scott Couchenour’s posts for encouragement. If you are a Christian leader who is burning out, you should as well.
Youth And Children’s Ministry
- Sam Luce – Sam has been the children’s pastor at Redeemer Church in Utica NY for the past 14 years. Currently he is serving as the Utica Campus Pastor and the Global family pastor. His blog it is focused on leadership, children’s ministry and creativity.
- Chris From Canada – Chris Vacher is Director of Worship at Compass Community Church near Toronto. As Founder of WorshipRises, his blog is for sharing resources with worship leaders to help them get better.
- Church Relevance - Founded by Kent Shaffer in March 2006, Church Relevance was created help ministries become more effective and efficient. While informing you of the stories of what is working in other ministries, this site helps you gain a clearer understanding of both the spiritual and scientific laws God put in to place and how they can be leveraged to help you best fulfill your calling.
- The High Calling – An absolutely amazing website! TheHighCalling.org seeks to create opportunities for Christian leaders to encounter God through new media tools for the transformation of daily life, work, and our world. Christian leaders are in all aspects and activities of daily life—including home, community, leisure, as well as occupation.
Well, that is my list of 25. What other great sites do you read? Also, check back on Monday, January 7th as I promote other great Christian writers on my Top 25 Christian Leaders You Need To Follow On Twitter In 2013.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers.