Each Friday I present the Top 10 Leadership Posts I read the previous week. This week I simply felt lead to go in a different direction.
Last week, the Christian community’s heart broke for Rick and Kay Warren on the passing of their son. I have never had the opportunity to meet the Warrens but they are the epitome of Christ-likeness. All Christian leaders owe the Warrens a great debt of gratitude for the investment they have made in our lives.
As parents, friends, admirers, and just fellow Christians, our prayers and deepest sympathies go out to the Warren family.
- Rick Warren’s Son Commits Suicide; Christian Community Expresses Grief by Christian Culture News
- Saddleback Church Sets Up Matthew Warren Fund for Mental Illnesses by www.ChurchLeaders.com
- A Letter To Rick Warren by Nicole Cottrell
- Mourning With Rick And Kay Warren And Family by Brandon A. Cox
- Rick Warren, critics, and the hope of God’s Son by Mark Driscoll
- My Sobering Time with Rick Warren about His Son Matthew by Ron Edmondson
- Beth Moore: Sadness and Madness
- My Take: How Churches Can Respond To Mental Illness by Ed Stetzer via www.cnn.com
- Geoff Surratt: My Prayer for Rick and Kay Warren
- How to Recover from Life’s Worst Disasters by Rick Warren via www.Pastors.com
If you would like to forward any thoughts to the Warren family, you can do that at www.BrandonACox.com. As grieving parents, I know they would appreciate it.