Dana Perino of The Five on Fox News, and former White House Secretary, interviewed former President George W. Bush at the opening of his library. President Bush’s quotes give us a unique look into what it is like to be the most influential leader in the world.
- We want people to get a sense of the majesty of the Office. – President Bush on an exact replica of the Oval Office located in the library.
- To have a set of principles that one is willing to defend, and when I came back (to Texas), principles were still important.
- That is important when you’re running an organization and the people who work with you know what you believe in and those beliefs won’t change.
- Influential president has a lot of meaning. Without my dad and his influence in my life I wouldn’t be president. 41 is in my heart…Lincoln is on the wall.
- Leadership requires vision and principles. Lincoln is a great picture of that.
- My legacy will take time…I didn’t sell my soul. I had a great team. The White House was a joyful place.
- One of the most important things he taught me was forgiveness and how important forgiveness was in leadership. – Perino
- Our trips to Africa were eye-opening and enabling one to have proper perspective.
- The human condition matters to the national security of the United States and I believe it’s important to serve others.
- We became pals because of common desire to help others on the continent of Africa. Bono is the real deal.
- For democracy to function well there has to be a vibrant press.
- Most opinion pages are pretty predictable.
When President Bush left office in January, 2009 he had an approval rating of 33%. Today is stands at 47%, the largest increase in post-presidential history. I think history is proving to be very kind to a man who lead our nation with as much integrity as anyone ever has.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my brand new eBook Pastors, Christian Leaders, and Football: 13 Stories From The 2012 Season That Will Equip And Inspire You.