Today I had the opportunity to represent The Rocket Company at the Catalyst Conference Labs. For special free offer 5 Things That Kill A Sermon from The Rocket Company and to read all the leadership quotes from these great leaders, click here.
For your convenience however, I am provided you the abbreviated 30 Top Leadership Quotes I heard today. These will make you a better leader.
- The worst thing we can die with, ever, is potential.
- The brain – if you traumatize it, put it under threat, it shuts down thinking and creativity and turns up the juice on reacting.
- Teams that win the Super Bowl do three things – Lowest Turnovers, Lowest Penalties, and Special Teams.
- The #1 factor in whether you can accomplish a goal or not is the belief that you can.
Jeff Henderson – What Non-Profits Could Learn From For-Profits
- The solutions the non-profits are trying to provide aren’t keeping pace with the problems they’re trying to survive.
- For-Profits think, “We’ve got to find that finest talent available, pay them what they’re worth, and put them into their daily solutions. “ Apply the Who to the What.
- Non-Profits find the very best Who and put them on their Boards because they don’t want to pay them.
- When did we get to the point that we think excellence is offensive to God.
- If we’re not careful we spiritualize laziness.
- I hire talented, creative, passionate learners who have a history of turning intention into reality.
- I love everybody but I don’t have to hire everybody.
- I have to look at our staff and ask the hard question – Would I hire them again?
- Asking for money is better over coffee than over a computer.
- Fundraising requires looking someone eye-to-eye and say, “Will you help me” and don’t say another thing. Just listen to them.
Lysa TerKeurst – RemarkABLE: The Three Decisions That Will Make Or Break Momentum In Your Organization
- As a leader there are times everyone is looking at you and you don’t have the answers.
- We can learn more from the epic failures of momentum rather than the great successes.
- Everyone offers exactly the same thing – Value.
Bryan Loritts – Leadership In An Age Of Entitlement
- I was growing with a holy frustration because the crowds I was speaking to were all white or all black and that’s not the gospel.
- We are not a multi-ethnic church first. We are a Jesus-first church.
- I avoid leadership conferences like the plague. I’d come to a leadership conference to try to get a quick fix to make myself great.
- My struggle with social media is I become the star of my own reality show.
- It’s almost impossible to offend a humble person.
- I am not a sociologist. I am not a leadership guru. I am a preacher of The Word of God.
- In the South we have hidden behind relational cowardice. Timidity is not humility. It is actually the other side of pride.
- Humility = harmony. When you has a leader model humility, one of the outgrowths of that is harmony.
- Pride is stealing what rightfully belongs to God and applying to myself. Pride is taking what is rightfully God’s.
- Leader, you are the keeper of your culture.
- One of the things I love about the African-American culture is honoring the man of God.
- Jesus did not coerce people into the Kingdom. He served people into the Kingdom.
- Develop friendships and relationships with people who seemingly bring nothing to the table. So many relationships are transactional. What you will find is counter-intuitive. They bring more to the table than you will know.
More coming from this event in the upcoming days.