The video above of Cross Point Church senior pastor Pete Wilson and his wife Brandi discussing missed expectations in marriage is one of my favorites. One of the many things I love about the video is the insight, perspective and humor Brandi brings.
Brandi is just one of the many great female Christian bloggers we are blessed to currently have. As these ladies show, churches that do not include women in key roles of influence are robbing their congregation of insights that can only come from a female perspective.
There are several Christian women bloggers like Brandi who I read regularly. They expand my thinking, expose my blind spots, and make me a better leader. The following are 10 Christian Women Bloggers You Should Be Reading In 2014, listed in alphabetical order. This group will make you a better leader as well.
- Jenni Catron – Jenni writes the website Leading In Shades Of Grey and serves as the Executive Director of Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN, a 10-year old multi-site church. She leads the staff of Cross Point and oversees the church’s multiple campuses.
- Mary DeMuth – An incredible author and blogger, Mary describes herself as the following: “I love Jesus, my sweet family, and my ordinary life. My aspiration? To help you live uncaged–to be able to fully embrace the freedom-infused life God has for you.”
- Suzanne Eller – Suzie is a mom, a wife, a “Gaga” to four babies with one more on the way! She is also a Proverbs 31 Ministries author and speaker, and a radio co-host of Encouragement Café. Most of all she is “just a girl in love with her Savior.”
- Margaret Feinberg – Margaret is a popular Bible teacher and speaker at churches and leading conferences such as Catalyst, Thrive and Extraordinary Women. Her books and Bible studies have sold over 600,000 copies and received critical acclaim and extensive national media coverage from CNN, the Associated Press, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post and more. She was recently named one of the 30 Voices who will help lead the church in the next decade by Charisma magazine and one of the ’40 Under 40’ who will shape Christian publishing by Christian Retailing magazine.
- Jen Hatmaker – An accomplished author and speaker, Jen’s messages are constantly developing, but in general, her talks center on application discipleship, living on mission, serving the poor, biblical proficiency and obedience, and engaging God’s dreams for this planet. Her post, Worst End Of The School Year Mom Ever, is one of the most-read blog posts ever written.
- Leading And Loving It – As the site says, this blog is for pastors’ wives and women in ministry. This incredible site is co-authored by a number of leading Christian ladies. Lori Wilhite serves alongside her husband Jud who is the Senior Pastor at Central Christian Church in Las Vegas. Brandi Wilson is married to Pete who’s the Senior Pastor at Cross Point Church in Nashville, Tennessee. Along with her husband Herbert, Tiffany Cooper started Peoples Church in Oklahoma City in 2002. David and Lisa Hughes have been at Church by the Glades in South Florida, where David serves as Senior Pastor, since 1998. Bil and Jessica Cornelius planted Bay Area Fellowship in 1998 in Corpus Christi, TX. They also mentor Church Planters and their wives.
- Priscilla Shirer – This world-renowned author, teacher, and speaker probably needs no introduction to anyone. But just in case, in addition to Priscilla’s participation in many church and para-church conferences across the globe each year, Going Beyond Ministries hosts numerous events of its own which draw a wide variety of women from different age groups and backgrounds.
- Lyn Smith – As someone very passionate about ending human trafficking, Lyn uses compassionate personal experience, the Bible, and God-given wisdom in her ministry to reveal the one and only way out of shackles and into a life of confidence—a real, personal relationship with Jesus.
- Lysa TerKeurst – Lysa is a New York Times bestselling author and speaker who helps everyday women live an adventure of faith through following Jesus Christ. As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, She has led thousands to make their walk with God an invigorating journey.
- Wondherful – Site writer Heather Polacios is mother of 2 incredible boys and married to Raul, one of the pastors of Church By The Glades. This blog is a constant source of encouragement and instruction to those wishing to live a prevailing life.
That is my list. If you are not reading these incredible Christian leaders, you are not growing and reaching your full potential.
Pastors and church leaders, what additional female Christian bloggers would you recommend?
The Get More Volunteers online conference is hosted by Tony Morgan and features great leaders like Reggie Joiner, Perry Noble, Chris Hodges and Derwin Gray. I’ll even be playing a role. Click here or on the image provided to sign up. I recommend you get your entire volunteer team to watch. You’ll be glad you did.