Last week I wrote my annual listing of The Top 30 Blogs Christians Need To Be Reading In 2014. As has become my annual tradition, I am now posting my follow-up, The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Should Be Following On Twitter In 2014.
The challenge of this post is I could have literally composed a list of 100+ individuals. Therefore, I narrowed my criteria down to a list of 10 traits I looked for:
- If mentioned in The Top 25 Blogs, you were excluded. I want to point you to as many great Christian leaders as possible.
- If you only provide the “Quote of the Day” you were omitted. Quotes are helpful but can be obtained from multiple sources.
- Do you point me to other great blog posts, writers, or Christian leaders? In other words, are you generous with information?
- Do you challenge me?
- Do you make me look at issues through a different lens?
- Do you provide great tools and resources?
- Do you break news?
- Are you relevant?
- Do you provide solutions?
- Do you answer questions I am currently asking as a leader?
With that as my criteria, the following are The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Should Be Following On Twitter In 2014 listed in alphabetical order:
- @KayArthur – I have met many Christian leaders in my life. There is no one I respect more that the Founder of Precept Ministries. I’ve never met anyone who loves God and His Word more than Kay.
- @JeffBrodie – Last year the Executive Director at Connexus Community Church jumped head first into blogging. Trust me, his Twitter and blog posts contain can’t miss content.
- @Chris_Broussard - In addition to covering the NBA for ESPN, Broussard gained national prominence for his Christian stand on marriage.
- @ChristineCaine - As director of Equip and Empower Ministries, Christine is an avid believer in the hope-giving power of the local church and is passionate about the responsibility of the church to rise up and make a difference in the lives of hurting people around the world. She and her husband Nick are the founders of The A21 Campaign, an anti-human trafficking organization with the ambition of abolishing slavery in the 21st century.
- @RobCizek – This Executive Pastor of Northshore Christian Church in the Seattle area is the best networker and facilitator of information that I have read.
- @dbonleadership – Dan Black is one of my favorite leadership bloggers and one of the kindest people you can follow.
- @PhilCooke – Through his company, http://cookepictures.com, Phil helps churches and nonprofits not suck at the media.
- @HerbertCooper – Pastor Cooper leads the incredible People’s Church in Oklahoma City and is one of America’s leading voices on multi-cultural, multi-generational ministry.
- @RonEdmondson - The pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church has planted two churches. But this social media giant is most passionate about helping pastors and ministry leaders think through leadership, strategy and life.
- @NaeemFazal – Naeem is Pakistani born, former Muslim who now pastors Mosaic Church in Huntersville, NC.
- @LouieGiglio, @ShelleyGiglio and @ChrisTomlin - I’ve said it often but Passion is the greatest movement of God in this country since Promise Keepers in the mid-90s. For additional sites connected to these three leaders of the Passion movement, click @passion268, and @PassionCity.
- @CaseyGraham – Casey is the founder of The Rocket Company, the organization I work for. Pastors and church leaders should point their business leaders to his newest venture Business Rocket. No one does a better job investing in the business community than Casey.
- @JeffHenderson – Jeff is the Campus Pastor of the Gwinnett Campus of North Point Ministries and one of the Christianity’s great communicators.
- @RevHoward18 – Meghan Howard is the Associate Pastor at Fairborn (OH) United Methodist Church and is one of the most competent leaders you will ever meet.
- @JohnnyMHunt – Pastor Johnny is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Woodstock (GA) and former President of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- @MichaelHyatt – The former Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers and author of Platforms is an uber-blogger and helps people live and lead on purpose.
- @JosephLalonde - Joseph is currently serving on the leadership staff for E3 (formerly HYM, Haven Youth Ministry), the youth group of Oakcrest Church of God. If you write good stuff, count on a RT!
- @ThomasMcDaniels – Senior Pastor of LifeBridge Christian Center in Longview, Texas is arguably the kindest Christian I’ve met on the internet. No one encourages me more.
- @MilesMcPherson – Miles is the wonderful pastor of The Rock Church in San Diego. He is also the President and founder of Miles Ahead, an outreach ministry focused on sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with teens and adults all over the world.
- @PastorTimP – Tim Parsons is the Administrative Pastor of First Assembly Community Ministries in Lafayette, IN. He has recently launched a successful blog as well.
- @WondHerFul – Heather Polacios serves at Church By The Glades and is one of the most inspirational people on Twitter. Boom!
- @IkeReighard – Trust me, no one knows more about church growth and community ministry than the delightful pastor of Piedmont Church in Marietta, GA.
- @JoeSangl - For personal finances there is no one better than the President/CEO of Injoy Stewardship Solutions and I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. My wife and I use his free download for our family budget.
- @Efrem Smith – Efrem is the Superintendent of the Pacific Southwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church. In this role he provides leadership to around 160 churches and other ministry initiatives in California, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah. He is also an Itinerant Speaker with Kingdom Building Ministries and is the author of the books, Raising-up Young Heroes and The Hip Hop Church.
- @Stacy_Spencer – Pastor Spencer leads New Direction Church in Memphis, TN. This church was recognized as America’s fastest growing church in 2012.
- @TimAStevens – In addition to be an incredible church consultant, Tim has been on staff for more than 18 years with Granger Community Church. He has had the privilege of watching the church grow from a congregation of 350 meeting in a movie theater–to a world-impact ministry reaching more than 6,000 locally and tens of thousands around the world.
- @CharlesStone – Charles help pastors, churches & ministries get UNSTUCK by applying neuroscience insight to spiritual leadership.
- @RickWarren – Rick provides arguably the best content available on Twitter. He still owns my favorite tweet of all-time – “A condom can’t protect your heart.”
- @DangeRussWilson – Russell Wilson is the incredible quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks and one of the most inspirational young leaders you can follow. My favorite Twitter site right now.
@AfshinZiafat – This former Muslim is the incredible Lead Pastor of Providence Church in Frisco, TX. He is absolutely one of the greatest communicators you will ever hear. If you book speakers for conferences, sign him up TODAY!!!
If one of your favorites did not make The Top 30, send in your suggestions as Part 2 will be coming out later this year.
Subscribe here so future posts can be sent directly to your Inbox. As a gift for doing so, I will also send you a FREE copy of my sixth most read post, the eBook 649 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From The 2013 Passion, Exponential, Orange, Chick-Fil-A Leadercast Conferences.
Also, I want to help you get better as a leader in 2014. Therefore, one of the best things you is purchase my book 10 Indispensable Practices Of The 2-Minute Leader. With compelling simplicity this unique book examines 10 of those practices—each centered on a key word, a key statement and a key application. Special introductory pricing for bulk orders exists for individual and small group studies.