A few days ago I was having lunch with a friend who wanted to launch a blog and he asked me what was most responsible for this site’s growth. He was pleasantly surprised when I told him what has helped my site the most was GENEROSITY.
This blog’s readership has continued to grow exponentially as I have continually pointed people to other great blogs, companies, churches, pastors and resources. As a leader you should always be saying, “Look at that person and the incredible work they are doing” or “Look at what God is though their blog” or “Have you noticed how many people that company or church is helping?”
Telling stories of others has many benefits including creating and deepening relationships, they often forward your testimonials to their audience which in turn grows yours, and you become a trusted and reliable resource.
I was reminded of these truths when I compiled The Top 10 Most Read Leadership Posts Of July 2014. Seven of the Top 10 spotlight other leaders. Ralph Waldo Emerson was right when he said, “It is one of the true compensations of this life is a man cannot help another without also helping himself.”
The following are The Top 10 Most Read Leadership Posts Of July 2014:
- 17 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
- The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Need To Follow On Twitter In 2014 Part 2
- 10 People I Listen To When They Speak On Leadership
- 6 Things Churches Communicate To Attract More Volunteers
- 10 Reasons Your Church Is Losing Leaders
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of June 30th
- 10 Characteristics Of Effective Church Communications
- 12 Practices Of Older Leaders Who Stay Relevant
- Proof Andy Stanley Is More Popular Than Tom Cruise
- The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of July 21st
The following are four hidden gems which did not make the Top 10 I hope you enjoy the second time around.
- 20 Things All Successful Leaders Do
- 21 Lessons Pastors Can Learn From LeBron James’ Letter About How Top Leaders Think
- Golf Is Dying. So Is Your Church If…
- 8 Practices Of Top Young Leaders
Who is a great leader you are willing to promote today?
To subscribe to this site and get my latest FREE eBook 999 Leadership Quotes On Leadership: Wise Words And Timeless Truths From The 2014 ARC, Passion, Orange, and Leadercast Conferences (and others) click here or on the image to the left.